Cornish Blue Cheese and Broccoli bake
Ready in 20 mins, serves 4
- 400g penne or macaroni
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 250g head broccoli, stalks chopped and florets halved
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 tsp French or German mustard
- 200g pot half fat crème fraîche
- 100g crumbled Cornish Blue
- 4 tbsp fresh white breadcrumbs (or put 1 slice crustless white bread through a food processor)
- ½ tsp dried mixed herbs or thyme
- Boil the pasta, onion and broccoli stalks in plenty of lightly salted boiling water for about 7 mins, then add the florets and cook for another 3 mins. Reserve about 400ml of the water, then drain the pasta and vegetables.
- Return the reserved water to the pan and dissolve the stock cube, whisk in the mustard and crème fraîche, then season to taste. Bring to the boil. Stir in the drained pasta, vegetables and half the cheese, mixing until melted.
- Heat the grill for 3 mins. Tip the pasta and vegetables into a shallow, ovenproof dish. Mix together the remaining Cornish Blue Cheese, breadcrumbs and herbs, then scatter on top.
- Stand the dish on the base of a grill pan and grill for about 3 mins, turning if it starts to brown. Keep watching so the top doesn’t start to burn or the cheese will toughen. Remove and leave to stand for 5 mins before serving.
Comments are closed